Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Lynxmotion SSC-32 Servo Controller
- Controls up to 32 servo motors
- Comes preassembled
- Serial interface (TTL or RS-232)
- Bidirectional communication with Query commands
This product is discontinued and replaced by Lynxmotion SSC-32U USB Servo Controller an improved USB version.
The Lynxmotion SSC-32 Servo Controller is a small preassembled servo controller with some big features. It has high resolution (1uS) for accurate positioning, and extremely smooth moves. The range is 0.50mS to 2.50mS for a range of about 180°. The motion control can be immediate response, speed controlled, timed motion, or a combination. A unique "Group Move" allows any combination of servos to begin and end motion at the same time, even if the servos have to move different distances. This is a very powerful feature for creating complex walking gaits for multi servo walking robots. The servo's position or movement can be Queried to provide feedback to the host computer.
There is even a 12 servo Hexapod sequencer built in. This allows complete control of all aspects of the alternating tripod gait simply by transferring a few values from the host controller. Any output can be used as a TTL level output. There are 4 digital inputs that are static or latched, so you don't have to worry about missing a short event. They can also be used as analog inputs. There are three terminal blocks for powering options. The DB9 input has true RS-232 levels for use with a PC.
• 32 channels of 1uS resolution servo control
• Bidirectional communication with Query commands
• Synchronized, or "Group" moves
• 12 Servo Hexapod Gait Sequencer built in
• MiniSSC-II emulation, like having 4 of them
SSC-32 Servo Sequencer Utility (created using FlowBotics Studio)
The Lynxmotion SSC-32 Servo Controller board can be easily controlled with the new SSC-32 Servo Sequencer Utility. It is available as a free downloadable utility which makes it easy to experiment with robotics and animatronics. It can be found in the Useful Links section.
This utility is an example of the type of program which can be built using Lynxmotion FlowBotics Studio Graphical Programming Software (Download) , which includes this program as an open source demo project. The SSC-32 Servo Sequencer Utility program enables you to easily move servo motors, calibrate their position, store and playback motion sequences, upgrade the SSC-32 firmware and more.
• Users Guide
• SSC-32 General Purpose Sequencer
• SSC-32 Firmware for Atmega168 (v2) Chip
• SSC-32 Firmware for Atmega8 (v1) Chip
• SSC-32 Servo Sequencer Utility (created using FlowBotics Studio)
• Lynxmotion User and Assembly Guides
• Blog Post: Guide to the Power Supply Options for Lynxmotion Controllers
These specifications pertain to firmware version 2.01XE:
• Microcontroller: Atmel ATMEGA168-20PU
• EEPROM: 24LC32P (Required for 2.01GP)
• Speed: 14.75 MHz
• Internal Sequencer: 12 Servo Hexapod (Alternating Tripod)
• Serial input: True RS-232 or TTL, 2400, 9600, 38.4k, 115.2k, N81
• Outputs: 32 (Servo or TTL)
• Inputs: 4 (Static or Latching, Analog or Digital)
• Current requirements: 31mA
• PC interface: DB9F
• Microcontroller interface: Header posts
• Servo control: Up to 32 servos plug in directly
• Servo type supported: Futaba or Hitec
• Servo travel range: 180°
• Servo resolution: 1uS, .09°
• Servo speed resolution: 1uS / Second
• Servo motion control: Immediate, Timed, Speed or Synchronized.
• PC board size: 3.0" x 2.3"
• VS peak current: max 15 amps per side
• VS steady current = max 3-5 amps per side recommended.