Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Thames & Kosmos Robotics: Smart Machines HoverBots
- Offers a full-color, 60-page step-by-step illustrated manual
- Program your own robots using 227 building pieces
- Connects via a wireless Bluetooth connection
- Can build eight motorized robots
- Runs on 6 x AA batteries (Not Included)
- Age: 8+
The Thames & Kosmos Robotics: Smart Machines HoverBots gives kids a simple, fun, and customizable introduction to robotics. You can build eight motorized robots that use a special self-balancing technology to move around.
Code programs for your robots using an easy, visual programming app on a tablet or smartphone, which connects to the robots via a wireless Bluetooth connection. The robots use a combination of sensors to balance themselves.
A gyroscope sensor is used to detect the angle of the tilt of the vehicle. An accelerometer is a sensor that detects the acceleration, or change in speed, of the vehicle.
Together, these two sensors can tell the microcontroller - the robot’s “brain” - if the vehicle is tilting too far forward or backward and moving too fast forward or backward to remain balanced.
- 19.1 x 13 x 3.8 inch
- Age: 8+
- Models: 8
- Piece Count: 227
- Manual Pages: 64
- Weight: 1.37 kg