Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- ST Robotics R17 5-Axis Articulated Robot Arm
- Features 750 mm reach and 3 kg payload
- Offers easy mounting of tools, grippers, sensors, etc.
- Is fully enclosed; pneumatics and wiring go through the arm
The ST Robotics R17 5-Axis Articulated Robot Arm is a low cost entry to robotics, fast, accurate and reliable and easy to program with a long reach and a large and much more useful workspace than comparable machines. The mechanics are simple and phenomenally reliable.
The R17 is a complete self-contained five axis vertically articulated robot arm system designed as a cost effective solution for processes requiring long reach or difficult access.
The latest version uses new light weight, high speed, high efficiency hybrid stepping motors micro-stepped for both power and speed and for low speed precision when required. Each motion of the robot is monitored by the encoders that stop all motion in the event of a collision or other problem. The HS version uses high power servos that make this robot faster than any robot in its class.
The package includes the multi-processor robot controller with ROBOFORTH II embedded software that we maintain is the easiest of any robot software from any manufacturer.
- 1x ST Robotics R17 5-Axis Articulated Robot Arm
- Drives: High power micro-stepped hybrid stepping motors incremental encoder watchdogs
- Reach: 750 mm / 30 in in any direction; full 360 degree waist rotation
- Payload (standard): 5-axis nominal 2 kg, max 3 kg 6-axis nominal 1 kg, max 2 kg at flange (repeatability and speed degrade with increasing payload and reach).
- Repeatability: 0.2mm 1
- Compliance: droop at 500 mm at nominal payload: 1.0 mm / droop at max reach, max payload: 6 mm
- Maximum speed (after acceleration 2): Waist 150 deg/sec, Shoulder 120 deg/sec, Elbow 180 deg/sec, hand and wrist 220 deg/sec, 6th axis roll 220 deg/sec. (approx 800 mm/s)
- Max torque for hand pitch or roll: (6th axis version hand pitch and yaw) 5 Nm (repeatability figures degrade with increasing torque).
- Max torque for 6th axis roll: 1.5 Nm
- Weight: 5-axis 22 kg / 49 lbs, 6-axis 23 kg/52 lbs, Controller 11.1 kg / 25 lbs
- Power: 110/240v ac 420VA (standard controller)
- Environment: IP 54A, 0 - 40 °C (wider range optional)
- MTBF: 20,000 hours (typically over a million cycles)