Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- ST Robotics R12 5-Axis Articulated Robot Arm
- Features 500 mm reach & 500 g payload
- Offers easy mounting of tools, grippers, sensors, etc
- Comes fully enclosed; pneumatics and wiring go through the arm
- Includes encoders
The ST Robotics R12 5-Axis Articulated Robot Arm is a complete self-contained five vertically articulated robot arm system designed as a cost-effective solution for bench top automation. It has a useful 500mm reach and a 500g payload. The hand terminates in a mounting plate to which can be mounted one of our low-cost grippers, vacuum pickups or your own device.
R12 is a low-cost entry to real industrial robotics, fast, accurate and reliable and easy to program yet capable of the most complex tasks. It is a breakthrough in benchtop robotics, light and fast, using high-efficiency digital motors driving through steel-reinforced polyurethane timing belts. Optional incremental optical encoders provide exceptional integrity as well as safety (see below).
R12 is a professional tool made to industrial standards, machined from solid alloy and finished with aesthetic acrylic covers. The system is supplied complete with controller, all cables, connectors, software, and comprehensive manuals, ready to unpack and use immediately.
The R12 package includes the K11 controller that is simple and reliable using a partnership of CPU and DSP micro-processors and compact micro-stepping drives. ROBOFORTH II embedded software gets you started easily yet permits the most complex motions, interfaces and peripherals to be programmed, assisted by ROBWIN project manager that brings everything together on one Windows screen.
- 1x ST Robotics R12 5-Axis Articulated Robot Arm
- Drives: High power micro-stepped hybrid stepping motors, optional encoder watchdogs
- Reach: 500 mm / 20 in in any direction; 360 degree waist rotation
- Repeatability: 0.1 mm (see note)
- Payload: nominal 500g, max 1 kg (2.2 lbs) at flange (repeatability and speed degrade with increasing payload and reach)
- Compliance: droop at 250 mm at nominal payload: 0.4 mm / droop at max reach with max payload: 2.3 mm
- Maximum speed: Waist 220 deg/sec, Shoulder 200 deg/sec, Elbow 500 deg/sec, hand 600 deg/sec, wrist roll 600 deg/sec. (Around 50% faster than a UR3) Max linear speed approx 800 mm/s. Standard Cycle 2s
- Max torque for pitch or roll: 1 Nm (repeatability figures degrade with increasing load).
- Weight: Robot 12.8 kg / 28 lbs - Controller 11 kg / 25 lbs
- Power: 110/240v ac 420VA (standard controller)
- Environment: IP 54A, 0 - 40C (wider range optional)
- MTBF: 15000 hours (typically over a million cycles)
- Safety: Class 2 stop circuit, stall detect, risk assessment guide. Optional LED awareness barrier, optional workspace sentry system.
- Noise: Approx 40-50 dB at 1m