Payments and Security
- Qwiic Dynamic NFC/RFID Tag Module by Sparkfun
- Seamless contactless solution with ISO/IEC 15693 standard
- High-performance NFC Forum Type 5 tag certification
- Fast read access up to 53 kbit/s and 64-kBit EEPROM memory
- Robust data protection and 40-year data retention
- Versatile features: GPO pin, interrupt pin, and energy harvesting
The Sparkfun Qwiic Dynamic NFC/RFID Tag Module offers a seamless and efficient solution for various contactless applications. This high-performance module is based on the ISO/IEC 15693 standard and is certified as an NFC Forum Type 5 tag by the NFC Forum. It supports all ISO/IEC 15693 modulations, coding, sub-carrier modes, and data rates, ensuring compatibility with a wide range of devices and systems.
The module boasts a custom fast read access of up to 53 kbit/s and features a 64-kBit (8-kByte) EEPROM memory for storing data. The I2C interface allows for byte-level access, while the RF interface provides block-level access to 4-byte blocks. With a typical write time of 5 ms for 1 up to 16 bytes from I2C and 5 ms for 1 block from RF, this module ensures quick and efficient data transfer.
Designed for long-term use, the Qwiic Dynamic NFC/RFID Tag Module offers a data retention period of 40 years and a write cycle endurance of 400k to 1 million, depending on temperature. To ensure data security, the module features one to four configurable areas for user memory protection, which can be safeguarded in read and/or write by three 64-bit passwords in RF and one 64-bit password in I2C.
Additional features of the module include a General Purpose Output (GPO) pin, an interrupt pin configurable on multiple RF and I2C events, and energy harvesting capabilities. The supply voltage ranges from 1.8V Min to 5.5V Max, with the Qwiic bus operating at a maximum of 3.3V. The I2C addresses for user memory, system memory, RF switch off, and RF switch on are 0x53, 0x57, 0x51, and 0x55, respectively.
With its advanced features and robust performance, the Qwiic Dynamic NFC/RFID Tag Module is an ideal choice for a wide range of contactless applications in various industries.
- 1x Sparkfun Qwiic Dynamic NFC/RFID Tag
- Contactless Interface, based on ISO/IEC 15693
- NFC Forum Type 5 tag certified by the NFC Forum
- Supports all ISO/IEC 15693 modulations, coding, sub-carrier modes, and data rates
- Custom fast read access up to 53 kbit/s
- Memory: 64-kBit (8-kByte) of EEPROM
- I2C interface accesses bytes, RF interface accesses blocks of 4 bytes
- Write time: From I2C: typical 5 ms for 1 up to 16 bytes, From RF: typical 5 ms for 1 block
- Data retention: 40 years
- Write cycle endurance: 400k to 1 million depending on temperature
- Data protection: User memory: one to four configurable areas, protectable in read and/or write by three 64-bit passwords in RF and one 64‑bit password in I2C, System configuration: protected in write by a 64-bit password in RF and a 64-bit password in I2C
- General Purpose Output (GPO) pin
- Interrupt pin configurable on multiple RF and I2C events
- Energy Harvesting
- Supply Voltage: 1.8VMin, 5.5VMax
- Note: Qwiic bus operates at 3.3VMax
- I2C Addresses: User Memory: 0x53, System Memory: 0x57, RF Switch Off: 0x51, RF Switch On: 0x55
- Read and write EEPROM memory via I2C
- Change the size of the four user memory areas
- Apply different levels of protection to the four areas
- Change the I2C password
- Read and Write NDEF (NFC Forum Data Exchange Format) records: