Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- SparkFun Inventor's Kit V4.1.2
- Ideal for beginners in programming and electronics
- Includes all components for five comprehensive projects
- Comes with a detailed, full-color guidebook
- Introduces new components within the context of the circuit being built
- Includes the RedBoard Qwiic for expansion into the SparkFun Qwiic ecosystem
The SparkFun Inventor's Kit V4.1.2 is an excellent initiation into the world of programming and hardware interaction using the Arduino programming language. This kit comprises all the necessary components to construct five comprehensive projects consisting of 16 interconnected circuits. These projects cover a wide range of topics, from the basics of LED operation to sensor reading. The final project allows the user to build an autonomous robot. This kit is designed to be user-friendly, requiring no prior experience in programming or electronics.
The kit comes with a full-color, spiral-bound guidebook that provides detailed, step-by-step instructions for each project and circuit. The guidebook includes circuit diagrams and hookup tables, along with complete example codes. New concepts and components are introduced and explained as they are used, and troubleshooting tips are provided to assist in case of any difficulties.
The SparkFun Inventor's Kit - V4.1.2 is designed to be solder-free and is suitable for beginners aged 10 and above who are interested in an Arduino starter kit. The 4.1 series of the kit introduces a new approach to teaching embedded electronics. Unlike previous versions where each circuit introduced a new piece of technology, the 4.1.2 version introduces components within the context of the circuit being built. Each circuit builds on the previous one, culminating in a project that incorporates all the components and concepts introduced throughout the guide.
The kit includes the RedBoard Qwiic, which allows for expansion into the SparkFun Qwiic ecosystem once proficiency with the kit's circuits is achieved. The SparkFun Qwiic Connect System is an ecosystem of I2C sensors, actuators, shields, and cables designed to make prototyping faster and less error-prone. All Qwiic-enabled boards use a common 1mm pitch, 4-pin JST connector, which reduces the required PCB space and ensures correct connections due to its polarized design. The inclusion of the SparkFun RedBoard Qwiic necessitates the download of a new driver install, distinct from the original SparkFun RedBoard.
Please note that with the latest revision of the SparkFun Inventor's Kit - V4.1.2, the previous Carrying Case - Black HDPE has been replaced with a new SparkFun Carrying Case.
- 1x SparkFun RedBoard Qwiic
- 1x Arduino and Breadboard Holder
- 1x SparkFun Inventor's Kit Guidebook
- 1x White Solderless Breadboard
- 1x SparkFun Carrying Case
- 1x SparkFun Mini Screwdriver
- 1x 16x2 White-on-Black LCD (with Headers)
- 1x SparkFun Motor Driver (with Headers)
- 1x Pair of Rubber Wheels
- 1x Pair of Hobby Gearmotors
- 1x Small Servo
- 1x Ultrasonic Distance Sensor
- 1x TMP36 Temp Sensor
- 1x 6 feet USB micro-B Cable
- Jumper Wires
- 1x Photocell
- 1x Tricolor LED
- Red, Blue, Yellow and Green LEDs
- Red, Blue, Yellow and Green Tactile Buttons
- 1x 10K Trimpot
- 1x Mini Power Switch
- 1x Piezo Speaker
- 1x AA Battery Holder
- 330 and 10K Resistor
- 1x Binder Clip
- 1x Dual-Lock Fastener