Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- SparkFun GPS-RTK Dead Reckoning Breakout - ZED-F9R (Qwiic)
- Offers high-precision GPS with sensor fusion technology
- Capable of receiving signals from four GNSS systems
- Ideal for autonomous robotics in challenging conditions
- Features an on-board rechargeable battery for quick start
The SparkFun GPS-RTK Dead Reckoning Breakout - ZED-F9R (Qwiic) is a high-precision GPS board that utilizes sensor fusion technology. It leverages u-blox's Automotive Dead Reckoning (ADR) technology to provide a highly accurate and continuous position. This is achieved by integrating a 3D IMU sensor, wheel ticks, a vehicle dynamics model, correction data, and GNSS measurements.
The ZED-F9R module is a 184-channel GNSS receiver, capable of receiving signals from the GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou constellations. This module is designed to provide an accuracy of approximately 0.2 meters. It supports the concurrent reception of signals from four GNSS systems. The integration of GNSS and 3D sensor measurements on the ZED-F9R ensures accurate, real-time positioning rates of up to 30 Hz.
The ZED-F9R module is particularly effective in dense urban areas or covered locations, where it can maximize position accuracy. It provides continuous positioning even in environments with poor signal conditions and during complete signal loss. This makes it an ideal solution for autonomous robotic applications that require accurate positioning under challenging conditions.
The ZED-F9R module also supports I2C, also known as Display Data Channel, making it compatible with the Qwiic system. This eliminates the need to use valuable UART ports. The Qwiic system allows for easy connection without the need for soldering, although 0.1 inch spaced pins are also available for those who prefer to use a breadboard.
The SparkFun ZED-F9R GPS Breakout comes with an onboard rechargeable battery that powers the RTC on the ZED-F9R. This significantly reduces the time-to-first fix from a cold start to a hot start. The battery is capable of maintaining RTC and GNSS orbit data for an extended period without being connected to power.
Please note that this product requires an antenna. The SparkFun Qwiic Connect System is an ecosystem of I2C sensors, actuators, shields, and cables designed to make prototyping faster and less prone to error. All Qwiic-enabled boards use a common 1mm pitch, 4-pin JST connector, which reduces the amount of required PCB space and ensures correct, polarized connections.
- 1x SparkFun GPS-RTK Dead Reckoning Breakout - ZED-F9R (Qwiic)
- 2x Qwiic Connectors
- Integrated u.FL connector for use with an antenna of your choice
- Concurrent reception of GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou
- 184-Channel GNSS Receiver
- Receives both L1C/A and L2C bands
- Horizontal Position Accuracy: 0.01 m with RTK
- Max Navigation Rate: Up to 30 Hz
- Time to First Fix: Cold - 26s, Hot - 2s
- Operational Limits: Max G - ≤4G, Max Altitude - 80 km (49.7 miles), Max Velocity - 500 m/s (1118 mph)
- Velocity Accuracy: 0.05 m/s
- Heading Accuracy: 0.2 degrees
- Built-In Accelerometer and Gyroscope
- Time Pulse Accuracy: 30ns
- Voltage: 5V or 3.3V, but all logic is 3.3V
- Current: ~85 to ~130 mA (varies with constellations and tracking state)
- Software Configurable Geofencing
- Odometer Spoofing Detection
- External Interrupt Pin Control
- Low Power Mode
- Many others!
- Supports NMEA, UBX, and RTCM protocols over UART or I2C interfaces