Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- SparkFun Buck Regulator Breakout - 1.8V (AP3429A)
- Incorporates a 2A step-down DC converter
- Operates within a 2.7V to 5.5V input voltage range
- Features a heat management copper pad
- Offers multiple power connection options
- Equipped with a red power indication LED
The SparkFun Buck Regulator Breakout - 1.8V (AP3429A) is a sophisticated device that incorporates the AP3429A from Diodes Inc., a 2 A step-down DC converter. This converter operates within an input voltage range of 2.7 V to 5.5 V. The device, measuring 1 inch by 1 inch, is designed to deliver a regulated 1.8 V output, which is managed by an EN (enable) pin.
To manage excess heat, the device is equipped with a 0.6 inch by 0.5 inch copper pad, which allows for the attachment of a heat sink to the bottom of the board.
This full-size buck regulator breakout offers multiple options for connecting input and output power. It includes a pre-assembled screw terminal for temporary connections, the possibility to solder on a barrel jack for an external power supply, and five PTH pins for a more permanent installation.
The device also features a red power indication LED that illuminates when the power output is enabled. The board is designed with four mounting holes that are compatible with 4-40 hardware.
- 1x SparkFun Buck Regulator Breakout - 1.8V (AP3429A)
- 1 x 1 inch
- Three power input/output options:
- Pre-assembled 4-pin screw terminal
- Five 0.1 inch spaced PTH pins
- Four plated slots for a DC barrel jack (input only)
- Power connections:
- VIN - Power In (2.7 V to 5.5 V)
- GND - Common Ground
- VOUT - Power Out (Regulated 1.8 V)
- EN - Enable (Pull high to enable the power output)
- Red, power LED indicator
- 0.5 x 0.6 inch Plated copper pad (for heat sinks)
- VIN: 2.7 to 5.5 V
- VOUT: 0.6 V to VIN
- 2 A Continuous Output Current
- 90 µA No-Load Quiescent Current
- 1 MHz Switching Frequency
- Protection Circuitry
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Input Overvoltage Protection
- Over Current Protection
- Cycle-by-Cycle Peak Current Limit
- Thermal Shutdown (160 °C / 320 °F)