Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- RPlidar S3 360° Laser Scanner (40 m) by Slamtec
- Offers a next-generation low-cost 360-degree 2D laser scanner
- Smaller size, better performance
- Comes with a rotation speed detection and adaptive system
- Performs a 2D 360-degree scan within a 40-meter range
- Low reflectivity at 15 meters measurement radius
- Ideal for both outdoor and indoor environments
- Compatible with the SLAMTEC ecosystem
The RPlidar S3 360° Laser Scanner (40 m) is a next-generation low-cost 360-degree 2D laser scanner (LIDAR) solution developed by SLAMTEC. It can take up to 32000 samples of laser ranging per second with high rotation speed. Equipped with contactless power and signal transmission technology, it breaks the life limitation of traditional LIDAR systems to work stably for a long time.
The RPLIDAR S3 is a 2D laser scanner, which can perform a 2D 360-degree scan within a 40-meter range and produce a 2D point cloud map of the space where it is located. The generated 2D point cloud data can be used in mapping, robot localization, robot navigation, and object or environment modeling.
Compared with other RPLIDAR series, RPLIDAR S3 has a more stable performance when detecting objects in long distances, objects in white or black alternatively, and objects under direct sunlight, which is ideal for map building in the outdoor or indoor environment within a 40-meter ranging radius. Therefore, it can be widely applied in many consumer-oriented business scenarios.
The typical scanning frequency of RPLIDAR S3 is 10 Hz (600 rpm). With the 10 Hz scanning frequency, the sample rate is 32KHz, and the angular resolution is 0.1125°. Due to the improvements in SLAMTEC hardware operating performance and related algorithms, RPLIDAR S3 works well in all indoor environments and outdoor environments with direct sunlight. Meanwhile, before leaving the factory, every RPLIDAR S3 has passed strict testing to ensure the laser output power meets the eye-safety standard of IEC-60825 Class 1.
The RPLIDAR S3 comes with a rotation speed detection and adaptive system. The system automatically adjusts the angular resolution according to the rotating speed. And there is no need to provide a complicated power system for the RPLIDAR. In this way, the simple power supply schema saves the BOM cost. If the actual rotation speed of the RPLIDAR is required, the host system can get the related data via the communication interface.
- 1x RPlidar S3 360° Laser Scanner (40 m)
- 59.8 x 55.6 x 41.3 mm (L x W x H)
- Accuracy: ±30 mm
- Resolution: 10 mm
- Sample Rate: 32 KHz
- Working Wavelength: 895 - 915 nm
- Laser Power: 25 W
- Pulse Length: 5 ns
- Scanning Frequency: Typ. 10 Hz, 10 ~ 20 Hz
- Angular Resolution: Typ. 0.1125°, 0.1125° ~ 0.225°
- Communication Interface: TTL, UART
- Communication Speed: 1M
- Scan Field Flatness: 0° - 1.5° (other angle requirements can be customized)
- Distance Range: White object: 0.05-40 m (under 70% reflection) | Black object: 0.05-15 m (under 10% reflection) | 0.05 - 5 m (under 2% reflection)
- Working Temperature Range: -10 - 50 °C
- Storage Temperature Range: -20 - 60 °C
- Laser Safety Class: Class 1
- Application Scenarios: Ideal for both outdoor and indoor environments with reliable resistance to daylight (≥80 Klux)
- Weight: 115 g