Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Sherline 4530C CNC-ready 3.5-In x 8-In Lathe w/ "Zero" Adjustable Handwheels
- Can turn a part up to 3.5” in diameter
- Comes with an optional riser block, parts up to 6” in diameter
- Its lathe has 8" of space between centers
- Allows continuously variable speed control from 70 to 2800 RPM
This Sherline 4530C CNC-ready 3.5-In x 8-In Lathe w/ "Zero" Adjustable Handwheels can turn a part up to 3.5” in diameter over the bed or up to 1.88" over the carriage without riser blocks.
With an optional riser block, parts up to 6” in diameter can be turned over the bed. The lathe has 8” of space between centers. The electronic speed control allows continuously variable speed control from 70 to 2800 RPM without belt changes.
There is a second pulley position available that offers extra torque at low RPM if needed. This lathe is a good choice for clockmakers, modelers, or those who will be working on small parts. It is also the most compact lathe we make and is easily used where space is at a premium and can be stored on a closet shelf.
Installation of the crosslide requires no tools. It is located under a flap of cardboard that retains the lathe base in the shipping box. First, make sure the bottom of the crosslide has a light coat of grease on all the sliding surfaces. This will have been applied at the factory, just make sure it has not been wiped off and that it is evenly distributed.
The mill is shipped attached to a piece of plywood to keep it from moving in the box. Before you begin, remove the screws holding the mill base to the plywood.
It was installed strictly for packing purposes and will need to be removed so that the column can be installed. The Z-axis column is mounted to the base with two 1-3/4" long, 1/4-20 socket head screws.
These screws and the hex key tool you will need to tighten them are packaged in the bag with the motor mounting bracket and drive belt. It is much easier to mount the column to the base before you mount the motor and speed control to the saddle.
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- 2.75" (70mm) x 6.0" (152mm) crossline
- 15" (381mm) steel bed to allow 8" (203mm) between centers
- Standard 1-5/8" (41mm) laser engraved aluminum handwheels
- Pulleys, drive belt, faceplate, lathe dog, two dead centers, three hexagonal keys, tool post, sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
- Swing Over Bed: 3.50" (90 mm)
- Swing Over Carriage: 1.75" (45 mm)
- Distance Between Centers: 8" (200 mm)
- Hole Through Spindle: 0.405" (10 mm)
- Spindle Nose Thread: 3/4" - 16 T.P.I.
- Spindle Nose Taper: #1 Morse
- Spindle runout of Morse taper: 0.0005" or less
- Travel of Crosslide: 4.25" (110 mm)
- Tailstock Spindle Taper: #0 Morse
- Protractor Graduations: 0° to 45° by 5°
- Handwheel Graduations: 0.001" (0.01 mm)
- Shipping Weight: 24 lb. (10.9 kg)
- Motor: 90 volt DC with electronic speed control that accepts any incoming current from 100VAC to 240 VAC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz
- Spindle Speed Range: 70-2800 RPM continuously variable by an electronic speed control