Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Sherline 4000A-CNC-ready 3.5-In x 8-In Lathe Package (Inch)
- Comes with stepper motor mounts in place of the leadscrew and crosslide handwheels installed
- Designed for 23-frame size stepper motors
Any Sherline 4000A-CNC-ready 3.5-In x 8-In Lathe Package (Inch) can be ordered ready for the application of stepper motors and Computer Numeric Control (CNC). Sherline installs stepper motor mounts in place of the leadscrew and crosslide handwheels.
These mounts are designed to accept 23-frame size stepper motors. A dampened coupling for the 1/4" motor shaft is included. The coupling drives the leadscrew through two 3/8" bearings with adjustable preload to remove end play.
Once you have the machine, you will need to attach stepper motors and connect them through a driver to a computer (not included).
The A Package Includes:
- 2.5" 3-jaw self-centering chuck
- 1/4" tailstock drill chuck w/ key, #0 Morse arbor, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
Standard equipment for the lathe includes:
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- 2.75" (70mm) x 6" (152mm) crosslide
- 15" (381mm) steel bed to allow 8" (203mm) between centers
- Three Standard 1-5/8" (41mm) laser engraved aluminum handwheels. Each handwheel has laser engraved aluminum handwheel collars
- Pulleys, drive belt, faceplate, lathe dog, two dead centers, three hexagonal keys, tool post, sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
- Swing Over Bed: 3.50" (90 mm)
- Swing Over Carriage: 1.75" (45 mm)
- Distance Between Centers: 8" (200 mm)
- Hole Through Spindle: 0.405" (10 mm)
- Spindle Nose Thread: 3/4"-16 T.P.I.
- Spindle Nose Taper: #1 Morse
- Spindle runout of Morse taper: 0.0005" or less
- Travel of Crosslide: 4.25" (110 mm)
- Tailstock Spindle Taper: #0 Morse
- Protractor Graduations: 0° to 45° by 5°
- Handwheel Graduations: 0.001" (0.01 mm)
- Length Overall: 23.5" (597 mm)
- Width Overall: 10.5" (267 mm)
- Height Overall: 8.5" (216 mm)
- Shipping Weight: 24 lb. (10.9 kg)
- Motor: 90 volt DC with electronic speed control that accepts any incoming current from 100VAC to 240 VAC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
- Spindle Speed Range: 70-2800 RPM continuously variable by an electronic speed control