Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Manual tabletop lathe (metric)
- Complete starter package
- Standard parts 3.5" diameter x 17" (upgrades available)
- Create custom turned parts
- Many additional parts included to get started
The Sherline 4400 Series Tabletop 3.5" x 17" Manual Lathe Complete Package (metric) has 17″ between centers. The electronic speed control allows continuously variable speed control from 70 to 2800 RPM without belt changes. There is a second pulley position available that offers extra torque at low RPM if needed.
Many machinists find that the extra space between centers comes in handy when working with a part held in a chuck and a larger tailstock chuck with a long drill bit in place. The combination of chucks, part and drill can eat up a lot of the available center-to-center distance, and a little extra capacity is often appreciated. This lathe offers the same diameter turning capacities as the shorter lathe and same powerful motor/speed control. The differences are both the extra 9″ of center distance and the addition of extras like the adjustable zero handwheels and rocker toolpost, making this lathe a good value for the extra cost.
- Model 4400 (4100) 3.5" x 17" lathe (with adjustable "zero" handwheels and rocker toolpost):
- 3.1" 3-jaw self-centering chuck
- Jacobs 3/8" tailstock drill chuck w/ key, #0 Morse arbor, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
- Steady rest
- Live Center
- Cutoff tool and holder
- 1/4" HSS 3-piece tool set (RH, LH, boring)
- Sherline 5/32" T-driver
- 3-piece center drill set
- Swing Over Bed 3.50″ (90 mm)
- Swing Over Carriage 1.75″ (45 mm)
- Distance Between Centers 17.00″ (430 mm)
- Hole Through Spindle .405″ (10 mm)
- Spindle Nose Thread 3/4″-16 T.P.I.
- Spindle Nose Taper #1 Morse
- Spindle Runout of Morse Taper .0005″ or less
- Travel of Crosslide 4.25″ (110 mm)
- Tailstock Spindle Taper #0 Morse
- Protractor Graduations 0° to 45° by 5°
- Handwheel Graduations .001″ (.01 mm)
- Weight 31 lb. (14.1 kg)
- Motor 90 volt DC with electronic speed control that accepts any incoming current from 100VAC to 240 VAC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
- Spindle Speed Range 70-2800 RPM continuously variable by electronic speed control