Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Sequent Microsystems 16-Relays 8-Layer Stackable HAT
- Compatible with all Raspberry Pi versions
- Operates on a 5V power supply with low power consumption
- Allows stacking of up to eight 16-Relays cards
- Features a momentary on-push button for easy shutdown
- Can be installed parallel or perpendicular on a DIN-Rail
The Sequent Microsystems Sixteen Relays 8-Layer Stackable HAT for Raspberry Pi is a versatile card that is compatible with all Raspberry Pi versions, ranging from Zero to 4. This card shares the I2C bus across all stacked cards, utilizing only two of the Raspberry Pi's GPIO pins to manage all eight cards. This unique feature leaves the remaining 24 GPIOs available for the user's convenience.
The 16-Relay card operates on a 5V power supply, which can be sourced either from the Raspberry Pi or from its own 2-pin pluggable connector. The relay coils are also powered by the 5V. The card has a power consumption of 10 mA with all relays off, and each relay requires approximately 80 mA to turn on. If power is supplied to the board's connector, there is no need for an additional power supply for the Raspberry Pi.
The card allows for up to eight 16-rely cards to be stacked on the Raspberry Pi. Each card is identified by jumpers that the user installs to indicate the level in the stack. These cards can be installed in any order, with a three-position jumper selecting the stack level.
The board is safeguarded against accidental reverse power supply with a 5.8 A, 39 mOhm MOSFET, which interrupts the ground line if reverse power is applied.
The card also features a momentary push button installed at the edge of the board, providing a convenient way to shut down the Raspberry Pi. This button is routed to pin 37 (GPIO 26), and a script needs to be written which monitors this pin. If the button is pressed for more than the desired time, it issues the shut-down command.
The 16-Relays Card can be installed parallel on a DIN-Rail using the DIN-Rail Kit Type 1, or perpendicular using the DIN-Rail Kit Type 2.
Important Note: Shutting down the Raspberry Pi by turning off the power can result in SD Card failure. To prevent this, a shutdown command needs to be used before power cut-off. This requires a monitor, keyboard, and mouse connected to the Pi.
- 1x 16-Relays Add-on HAT for Raspberry Pi
- 4x M2.5x18mm male-female brass standoffs
- 4x M2.5x5mm Brass Screw
- 4x M2.5 Brass Nut
- 2x Stack Level Jumper
- Mounting Hardware
- Connector Plugs
- Power Supply: 5V/8A pluggable connector with reverse polarity protection
- On-board resettable fuse: 3 A
- Relays: Normally Open (NO) contacts, 2.5A / 24 VAC / DC
- Electrical endurance: Minimum 105 cycles at 1,800 operations per hour, full load
- Mechanical endurance: Minimum 107 cycles at 18,000 operations per hour, no load
- Perfect add-on to your project when you need to control a large number of loads
- Stackable up to 8 layers, this card can add up to 128 relays to each Raspberry Pi in a compact form factor
- Pluggable connectors make the 16-Relays card easy to use when multiple cards are stacked up
- Relays have N.O. contacts and can switch 24V / 2A AC / DC
- Bicolor LEDs are conveniently grouped on one side of the board to indicate when relays are on or off
- A power LED shows when power is applied
- A reset switch allows for shutting down the Raspberry Pi without the need for a keyboard and monitor