Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- PhidgetEncoder HighSpeed
- Works with all 0 - 5 V quadrature encoders
- Read one encoder at speeds of up to 500,000 QC/s
- Features high compatibility
- Interfaces with any 5 V quadrature encoder
- Reports a timestamp in milliseconds
The PhidgetEncoder HighSpeed interfaces with any 5V quadrature encoder. A quadrature encoder is the most commonly used feedback device for a DC or stepper motor.
With an encoder, you can keep track of how far your motor has turned, which then allows you to control the position and velocity in your code. This Phidget connects to your computer via USB.
Note: Enclosure sold separately.
- 1 x PhidgetEncoder HighSpeed
- 1 x Hardware mounting kit (4 x 20 mm M3 Bolt, 4 x 5 mm Plastic spacer, 4 x M3 Nuts
- Scale: 5 mm
- Controlled By: USB (Mini-USB)
- API Object Name: Encoder
- Number of Encoder Inputs: 1
- Count Rate Max: 1E + 06 pulses/s
- Encoder Interface Resolution: x4
- Sampling Interval Min: 0.008 s/sample
- Sampling Interval Max: 1 s/sample
- Encoder Input Low Voltage Max: 1.7 V DC
- Encoder Input High Voltage Min: 2.1 V DC
- Pull-down Resistance (Line Driver): 2.2 kΩ or 10 kΩ
- Pull-up Resistance (Open Collector): 2.2 kΩ or 10 kΩ
- USB Speed: High Speed
- Current Consumption Max: 500 mA
- Current Consumption Min: 55 mA
- USB Voltage Min: 4.5 V DC
- USB Voltage Max: 5.3 V DC
- Operating Temperature Min: -40 °C
- Operating Temperature Max: 85 °C