Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Motoron M2h18v18 Dual High-Power Motor Controller for Raspberry Pi (Connectors Soldered)
- Offers independent control of two bidirectional brushed DC motors
- Features reverse-voltage protection and configurable motion parameters
- Supports I²C interface with a clock speed of up to 400 kHz
- Includes a comprehensive user's guide and a Motoron Python library
The Motoron M2H18v20 Dual High-Power Motor Controller for Raspberry Pi (Connectors Soldered) is a sophisticated device designed to manage DC motors via an I²C interface, specifically for Raspberry Pi models B+ or newer. It is capable of supporting motor supply voltages ranging from 6.5 V to 30 V and delivering continuous output currents of up to 20 A for each motor. This particular model comes with aluminum standoffs and pre-soldered stackable headers and terminal blocks.
The M2H family, to which this controller belongs, offers dual high-power motor controller add-on boards that facilitate the control of two bidirectional, brushed DC motors with a compatible Raspberry Pi. These controllers are designed to stack on top of the Raspberry Pi, similar to a HAT (Hardware Attached on Top), and can be stacked on top of each other, thus enabling independent control of multiple motors.
The M2H18v20 controller is unique in its support for motor supply voltages from 6.5 V to 30 V, although it is not intended for use with 24 V batteries. It can deliver continuous output currents of up to 20 A per motor. This controller can be identified by its larger discrete MOSFETs and the number 150 on the tall silver electrolytic capacitors.
It boasts two motor control channels for independent control of up to two bidirectional brushed DC motors, reverse-voltage protection on the motor power supply, a logic voltage range of 3.0 V to 5 V, and a control interface with an I²C clock speed of up to 400 kHz. Additionally, it offers configurable motion parameters, current sensing, configurable hardware current limiting, and motor power supply (VIN) voltage measurement.
Please note that the absolute maximum voltage is not intended for use with 24 V batteries.
- 1x Motoron M2H18v20 Dual High-Power Motor Controller for RPi (Connectors Soldered)
This version comes with soldered stackable headers and terminal blocks. It includes a set of four M2.5 standoffs (11 mm length), screws, and nuts that can be used to secure the board at the appropriate height.
- 65 x 56 mm (L x W)
- Control interface: I2C
- Minimum operating voltage: 6.5 V
- Maximum operating voltage: 30 V
- Continuous output current per channel: 20 A
- Minimum logic voltage: 3.0 V
- Maximum logic voltage: 5.5 V
- Reverse voltage protection: Yes
- Connectors soldered: Yes
- Weight: 29 g