Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Kitronik Prong Soil Moisture Sensor for BBC micro:bit
- Measures soil moisture levels
- Attaches directly to the micro:bit
- Conjunction with Mi:Powerboard to provide power
- Codable with any micro:bit coding editor
- Sounds an alarm when soil becomes too dry
The Kitronik Prong Soil Moisture Sensor for BBC micro:bit is a sensor board that can be directly mounted to a BBC micro:bit to monitor the moisture present in the soil. The two conductive tines are placed into the soil. Any water or moisture in the soil will conduct to give an analog voltage that can be read by the BBC micro:bit.
Prong is powered from the 3V supply of the BBC micro:bit. Use either the USB or JST connector on the BBC micro:bit to power the circuit. Prong and the BBC micro:bit can also be powered from the Mi:Powerboard to create a compact stand-alone unit.
Note: To ensure that the Prong moisture sensor has a long and fulfilling life, it is better to write your code to perform moisture check every so often rather than continuously. When the check is performed continuously it promotes rapid erosion of the electrodes.
- 1 x Prong Soil Moisture Sensor for micro:bit
- 3 x M3 Hex Nuts
- 3 x M3 Countersunk Screws
- 68 x 53 mm (L x H)