Payments and Security
- Fermion TMF8701 Tof Distance Ranging Sensor (10-600 mm)
- Offers a time-of-flight (ToF) distance ranging sensor
- Detects the object closest to the center
- Enables dark and sunlight environment distance measurement
- Built-in histogram
- Low power consumption
The Fermion TMF8701 Tof Distance Ranging Sensor (10-600 mm) is a time-of-flight (ToF) distance ranging sensor that uses the time difference between light pulses to measure distance. It provides single-zone detection of an object irrespective of the color, reflectivity, and texture of the object.
The sensor offers a high dynamic range and operates in either a proximity mode (1 - 10 cm) or a ranging mode (10 - 60 cm) for detection sensing. The device can make highly accurate distance measurements within ±5% and is capable of operation in dark environments and in the presence of sunlight.
A built-in histogram is featured to deliver dynamic cover glass calibration and crosstalk compensation and background light noise is minimized through on-chip sunlight rejection filters.
The TMF8701 outputs data through an I2C fast-mode communications interface and an integrated microcontroller, which is featured with all algorithms included on-chip with no need for external optics.
- 1x Fermion: TMF8701 ToF Distance Ranging Sensor (10-600 mm)
- 1x 2.54-8P Black Single-row Connector
- Distance sensing: 10 - 600 mm
- Operating Voltage: 2.7 ~ 3.3 V
- Operating Current: <1.5 mA
- Proximity Detection Range: 1 - 10 cm
- Distance Sensing Range: 10 - 60 cm
- Operating Temperature: -30 ~ 70 °C
- Communication Interface: Breakout 2.54 mm - 8Pin I2C