Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Industrial grade PCB
- Simple 3 pin interface
- On board green LED as indicator
- No further soldering is required
The Cytron Simple Rotary Encoder Kit comes out with a slotted disc (8 slots) and a simple interface sensor board. No further soldering is required. The rotary encoder is a sensor or transducer used to convert the data of rotary motion into a series of electrical pulses which is readable by controller. The slotted disc has a 35mm outside diameter with 8 slots that provides 16 transitions. The optical sensor is used to sense the 16 transitions of the slotted disc. With these transitions, controller is able to recognize the rotary angle of the disc. With this concept, a rotary encoder can be employed in a DC motor shaft for the controller to 'know' its current position.
The rotary encoder modules can be used for sensing motor's position and velocity. It can be connected to any microcontroller via the 3 pin header. The optical beam sensor detects missing slots of the slotted disc, and generates a pulse train. These modules require +5V and GND to power them, and provide a 0V to 5V output. They provide +5V output when their beam is blocked, and a 0V output when their beam is unblocked. Your microcontroller can simply read the 0-5-0V pulse train to determine how far your motor has traveled and how fast.
- Industrial grade PCB with high reliability yet professional outlook
- Every component is soldered properly and every kit is tested before being shipped to customer
- Simple 3 pin interface (+5, Gnd and Sig)
- Included on board green LED as indicator
- Direct connection to microcontroller (internal pull-up to 5V)
- Up to 1 KHz (1000 pulse/sec)
- Disc size: 35mm (outer diameter) x 3mm (inner diameter)
- Sensor board size: 12mm (height) x 35mm (length) x 15mm (width)