Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- cyber:bot Robot Kit w/micro:bit
- Is Python-programmable with Mu software
- Neatly connects the micro:bit
- Manages sensors and servo motor control
- Is compatible with Parallax small robot
- Provides free online tutorials and educator resources
The cyber:bot Robot Kit w/micro:bit adds a tangible hardware dimension to Python-focused computer science, CTE and cybersecurity programs.
The cyber:bot robot puts the BBC micro:bit module on the Parallax small robot form factor that's a proven STEM success in classrooms from middle school into college, leveraging the add-ons available for this chassis.
A user-transparent onboard Propeller Multicore Microcontroller assists the micro:bit, handling the real-time servo motor control and sensors built on the breadboard. This enables more robust robotic applications that go beyond what the micro:bit can do on its own.
The cyber:bot robot is a joint project of Parallax Inc. and NICERC, the National Integrated Cyber Education Research Center. The cyber:bot product family includes kit options and individual parts for fleet maintenance.
Four mounting holes allow the cyber:bot robot to be used with the Parallax Small Robot Chassis. These plated mounting holes are connected to the board’s ground plane.
The 2.1 mm center-positive power jack accepts 6 to 24 VDC, although a maximum of 15 VDC is recommended. This input powers the cyber:bot board, including the power access headers, and optionally the 3-pin ports. It will also power an attached micro:bit module, that isn't receiving power from the USB port.
- 1 x micro:bit module
- 1 x cyber:bot board
- 2 x Parallax Continuous Rotation Servos
- 1 x Small Robot Chassis
- 2 x Small Robot Wheel and Tire
- 1 x Small Robot Electronics Pack
- 1 x Small Robot Hardware Pack
- 1 x 5AA Battery Holder, Barrel Jack
- 1 x USB A to Micro B Cable
- Nuts and screws set to hold boards together
- Parallax Pocket Screwdriver
- Power Requirements: 6-24 VDC
- Center-positive plug: 2.1 mm
- Communication Interface: I2C bus to micro:bit module
- Operating temperature: 32 to 158 °F (0 to 70 °C)