Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Simple, modern, precise, and versatile pen plotter
- Can write with your favorite fountain pens, permanent markers, and other writing implements
- Allows you to use your computer to produce writing that appears to be handmade
- Special extended edition of the AxiDraw V3 Personal Writing & Drawing Robot
- Designed for use with 11×17 inches and A3 size papers
The AxiDraw V3/A3 Personal Writing & Drawing Robot is a simple, modern, precise, and versatile pen plotter, capable of writing or drawing on almost any flat surface. It can write with your favorite fountain pens, permanent markers, and other writing implements to handle an endless variety of applications. Its unique design features a writing head that extends beyond the machine, making it possible to draw on objects bigger than the machine itself.
The AxiDraw V3/A3 is a special extended edition of the AxiDraw V3. While identical in most other aspects, it is designed for use with 11×17 inches (tabloid or ledger) and A3 size papers. It can also be used with paper of any smaller size, including cards and envelopes and US Letter or A4 paper. You can even use two pages of Letter or A4 paper, side by side. AxiDraw is an extremely versatile machine, designed to serve a wide variety of everyday and specialized drawing and writing needs.
As compared to the (US Letter/A4 sized) AxiDraw V3, the AxiDraw V3/A3 has extended travel range. The AxiDraw comes with a mounting easel (board with clips) that can be used for holding paper, cards, and envelopes of various sizes. The AxiDraw V3/A3 also comes standard with AxiDraw Outrigger Feet preinstalled, for greater stance and stability while plotting.
The unique design of the AxiDraw features a drawing head that extends beyond the body of the machine, making it possible to also draw on flat objects bigger than the machine itself. For example, you can set it right on top of a box to write an address or add decorations. You can even set it on top of a poster board, chalkboard, or whiteboard to draw graphics in place.
The pen holder fits a wide variety of pens, including Sharpie fine and ultra-fine point markers, most rollerball and fountain pens, small-bodied whiteboard markers, and so forth. It can even hold a fountain pen at a proper angle of 45° to the paper. You can also use implements that aren't pens, such as pencils, chalk, charcoal, brushes, and many others. However, you'll get the best results with instruments such as fountain pens and rollerball pens, which do not require the user to apply pressure.
- 26 × 18.5 × 4 inches (66 × 47 × 10 cm)
Note: Shipping with a US-style power supply; it accepts worldwide 100 V - 240 V input, and has a US/Canada style plug. For other regions, an inexpensive plug shape adapter will be needed (purchased separately).
- Usable pen travel (inches): 16.93 × 11.69 inches
- Usable pen travel (millimeters): 430 × 297 mm
- Vertical pen travel: 0.7 inch (17 mm)
- Maximum XY travel speed, rapid: 11 inches (28 cm) per second.
- Native XY resolution: 2032 steps per inch (80 steps per mm)
- Reproducibility (XY): Typically better than 0.005 inches (0.1 mm) at low speeds
- Major structural components are machined and/or folded aluminum
- Holds pens and other drawing instruments up to 5/8" (16 mm) diameter
- Maximum height with cable guides: Approximately 11 inches (29 cm)
- Footprint: Approximately 26 × 5 inches (66 x 13) cm
- Physical weight: 5.5 Lb (2.5 kg)
- Dimensional shipping weight: 39 Lb (17.5 kg)
- Drive directly from within Inkscape, using the AxiDraw extension
- Alternative drive software: RoboPaint
- Compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux
- All software free to download and open source
- Internet access is required to download software
- Note: programming is not required to use the AxiDraw
- RESTful API available for full machine control, stand-alone or accessible by running RoboPaint in the background
- Simplified "GET-only" API available as well, for use in programming environments (such as Scratch, Snap) that permit only retrieval of URLs
- Direct EiBotBoard (EBB) command protocol available for use in any programming environment that supports communication with USB-based serial ports
- Code that generates SVG files can also be used to (indirectly) control the machine