Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- SparkFun MicroMod Environmental Function Board
- Offers three sensors to monitor air quality
- Monitors air quality, humidity & temperature, and CO2 concentrations
- Utilizing M.2 MicroMod connector
- Doesn't need soldering
- Interface: I2C
The SparkFun MicroMod Environmental Function Board includes three sensors to monitor air quality (SGP40), humidity & temperature (SHTC3), and CO2 concentrations (STC31) in your indoor environment.
The SGP40 measures the quality of the air in your room or house. The SGP40 uses a metal oxide (MOx) sensor with a temperature-controlled micro hotplate and provides a humidity-compensated volatile organic compound (VOC) based indoor air quality signal. Both the sensing element and VOC Algorithm feature unmatched robustness against contaminating gases present in real-world applications enabling unique long-term stability as well as low drift and device to device variation.
The SHTC3 is a highly accurate digital humidity and temperature sensor. The SHTC3 uses a capacitive humidity sensor with a relative humidity measurement range of 0 to 100% RH and a bandgap temperature sensor with a temperature measurement range of -40°C to 125°C. The SHTC3 builds on the success of its SHTC1 sensor with higher accuracy (±2% RH, ±0.2°C) than its predecessor, enabling greater flexibility.
The STC31 measures CO2 concentrations based on thermal conductivity and has two CO2 measurement ranges: 0 to 25 vol%; and 0 to 100 vol%. The measurement repeatability is 0.2 vol%, with a stability of 0.025 vol% / °C. The measurement accuracy depends on the measurement range: 0.5 vol% + 3% measured value; 1 vol% + 3% measured value.
Using measurements from the SHTC3, the STC31 is able to provide humidity-compensated measurements together with improved temperature compensation. The STC31 can compensate for atmospheric pressure too - which is handy if for example you’re up in the mountains!
Note: A MicroMod Processor and Main Board are not included with this MicroMod Environmental Function Board. These boards will need to be purchased separately.
- 1x SparkFun MicroMod Environmental Function Board
- Board: 2.56 x 1.50 inch (L x W)
- Input voltage range: 2.5 V to 6.0 V
- I/O voltage: 3.3 V
- AP2112 3.3V voltage regulator (rated 600mA)
- Power LED
- I2C pull-up resistors
Sensirion SGP40 Air Quality Sensor
- Uses I2C interface: Address: 0x59 (default)
- Operating voltage range: 1.7 V to 3.6 V (Typ. 3.3 V)
- Operating temperature range: -20 to +55 °C
- Typical current consumption: 2.6 mA during continuous operation (at 3.3 V) | 34µA when idle (heater off)
- Output signal: Digital raw value (SRAW): 0 - 65535 ticks | Digital processed value (VOC Index): 0 - 500 VOC index points
- Switch-on behavior: Time until reliably detecting VOC events: <60 s | Time until specifications are met: <1 h
- Recommended sampling interval: VOC Index: 1s | SRAW: 0.5s - 10s (Typ. 1s)
Sensirion SHTC3 Humidity and Temperature Sensor
- Uses I2C interface: Address: 0x70 (default, non-configurable)
- Operating voltage range: 1.62 V - 3.6 V (Typ. 3.3 V)
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +125 °C
- Relative Humidity: Measurement range: 0% to 100% | Typical accuracy: ±2 %RH | Resolution: 0.01 %RH
- Temperature: Measurement range: -40°C to +125 °C | Typical accuracy: ±0.2 °C | Resolution: 0.01 °C
- Typical current consumption (varies based on mode): 4.9µA to 430µA (Normal Mode) | 0.5µA to 270µA (Low Power Mode)
- Allows the STC31 to compensate for humidity and temperature
- Sensirion STC31 CO2 Sensor
- Uses I2C interface: Addresses: 0x29 (default), 0x2A, 0x2B, 0x2C
- Operating voltage range: 2.7 V to 5.5 V (Typ. 3.3 V)
- Operating temperature range: -20 °C to +85 °C
- Calibrated for CO2 in N2 and CO2 in air
- Measurement ranges: 0 to 25 vol% in N2 | 0 to 100 vol% in air
- Accuracy: 0.5 vol% + 3% measured value in N2 | 1 vol% + 3% measured value in air
- Concentration and temperature resolution: 16-bit
- Repeatability: 0.2 vol%
- Temperature stability: 0.025 vol% / °C
- Start-up time: 14 ms
- Thermal conductivity sensor provides calibrated gas concentration and temperature output
- PWR LED
- I2C pull-up resistors
- STC31 address selection