Payments and Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
- Symmetric Quadruped Walking Robot Platform
- Comes with the SSC-32 servo controller and the BotBoarduino microcontroller
- 3DOF per leg quadruped robot with a symmetric body design
- Perfect for college robotics labs and individuals looking to get started with creating code for quadruped robots
The Lynxmotion SQ3U Symmetric Quadruped Walking Robot is a 3DOF per leg quadruped robot with a symmetric body design. The robot's symmetry makes this a very unique quadruped walker. The three DOF (degree of freedom) leg design provides the flexibility required to walk in any direction. The robot uses four HS-645MG servos along with four HS-422 servos. The combo kit includes everything you need to make a functional robot except batteries, charger and PS2 controller. This research level robot is perfect for college robotics labs and individuals looking to get started with creating code for quadruped robots.
The legs are made from ultra-tough, high-quality aluminum Servo Erector Set brackets and the body is made out of Lexan. The robot is 6'' high when standing (foot to top bracket without electronics) and 9.5'' wide (foot to foot).
Controlling the Robot
The combo kit comes with the SSC-32 servo controller and the BotBoarduino microcontroller. By offloading the servo pulse generation and sequence movement timing to the SSC-32, the main board has plenty of power to do some really cool things. The basic PS2 code allows you to control the robot using a wireless (or wired) PS2 remote control.
The robot needs one (1x) 4.8V to 6V battery (6V is preferable) and one (1x) 9V battery. If you prefer only having one power supply, you can purchase a voltage regulator. The following batteries and chargers are suggested (purchased separately).
- NiCad & Ni-MH Universal Smart Charger
- 6.0 Volt Ni-MH 2800mAh Battery Pack
- Symmetric quadruped walking robot platform
- Uses BotBoarduino (Arduino-based microcontroller) and SSC-32 servo controller
SSC-32 Servo Sequencer Utility (created using FlowBotics Studio)
The Lynxmotion SSC-32 Servo Controller board can be easily controlled with the new SSC-32 Servo Sequencer Utility. It is available as a free downloadable utility which makes it easy to experiment with robotics and animatronics. It can be found in the Useful Links section.
This utility is an example of the type of program which can be built using
- Symmetric Body Kit
- 2 x 3DOF Alum. Leg Pair (Black)
- 4 x HS-422 (57 oz. in.) Standard Servo
- 8 x HS-645MG (76 oz. in.) Standard Sized Servo
- Servo Controller
- SSC-32U Servo Controller
- 1x USB cable
The following video shows aspects of construction relevant to the SQ3 quadruped walking robot.